Thursday, August 14, 2008

Spontaneity is the spice of life ...

... I'm not saying which spice it is, mind you, I'm just saying it's a spice. Some spices are damn near revolting. Take dill for instance. Maybe not revolting, per se, but somewhat pedestrian.

Oh my gosh, did you just see that?! I just used the word 'pedestrian' in a derogatory fashion. I should have my bicyclist/pedestrian advocate license revoked and pummeled into powder .... hmmm, perhaps bicycle/pedestrian advocated license powder tastes better than dill.

Introduction over.

Spontaneity. I've decided that the notion that successful blogs must contain daily (at least) posts in order to be relevant and engaging is utter hogwash. It may be true, but, at least for me, it's hogwash in that there's no way in hell I can pull it off. Therefore I'm going with the old 'unpredictable' angle as a means of keeping you enthralled by the beautiful Guthrie bicycling experience.


'Unpredictable' also exemplifies what has become of Saturday mornings around G-town. The photograph to your left gives folks the general idea of what's prowling our victorian avenues. Observe the rebellious streak that seems to prevail among all the riders of the weekly 'Guthrie Coffee Cruise." The facial expressions alone practically scream "I just rolled through a stop sign." It's been rumored that many of the riders have begun stockpiling Public Enemy tunes on their i-pods, and if it wasn't for the mayor's participation, I might fear reprisals from the local law.

4 comments:

Mike said...

You can talk about pedestrians all you want to.

But I'll be damned if I'm going to sit here and read you bad-mouthing dill!

Next to cilantro, it is my reason for getting up in the mornings.

Other than to pee.

Justin Fortney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Justin Fortney said...

Wow. I must admit that I didn't foresee a backlash from the pro-dill lobby. I was wondering why that 1982 Monte Carlo with intimidatingly tinted windows was parked in front of our house all night. Now I realize that it was nothing short of ashot across the bow of the Fortney family in response to my own careless bloggery.

Nevertheless, I shall remain steadfast. I won't give in to the 'big dill' corporate giant. I saw The Corporation, I know what's at stake. (Actually, I didn't see it ... I had already met my documentary quota that year.)

Long live basil.

Jeff said...

Ahh, if only you could have gotten Chuck D to podcast this for you. BRING THE NOISE!